Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I wanna' win the grocery store receipt contest.

Just once, is all I ask.

Yes, I would love to win $250 worth of BI-LO free groceries. Walgreens always receives a fair and honest survey from me, because it enters me in the drawing for $1000 to spend at said establishment. I will spend free money at whatever store lets me win. Yeesh, I'm not even asking to win the lottery. Just a few free bucks at the pharmacy or the supermarket.

After student loans, bills, and rent, groceries are probably my biggest purchase. (At least that's what the pie chart from my free 'Finance Works' tells me. Thanks, SC Federal Credit Union. You're a peach.)

Is it too much to ask this?

Am I getting too specific with my prayers?

"Oh, Lord. You are good and great and I sure would appreciate some freebies at the store because my private student loan interest rate has again increased. But please feed the starving people first. And help Haiti. And The Gulf. And people in all the war torn countries. And our troops. And...ugh...ahem...Amen."

oh.

(It looks so different in print than when it's in my head!)

No comments:

Post a Comment